As an Educational Credit Union, we take pride in providing our members and students with financial management education. We’ve been the recipient of multiple awards in the past 9 years, awarded for our educational outreach to the campus of Cal Poly Pomona:
- Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) Philosophy In Action Award
- CUNA’s National Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award
- California Credit Union League’s (CCUL) Philosophy In Action Award
- CCUL’s State Desjardins Youth Financial Literacy Award
- CCUL’s California Community Achievement Award
- Richard Myles Johnson Foundation’s Beacon Award
Balance – A Free Resource Available to our Members
In a world with many financial obligations and options, it’s no wonder money management often seems overwhelming. That’s why our Credit Union has partnered with a financial fitness program called BALANCE. Through this partnership, our members have access to FREE financial counseling services.
- Infoline (888.456.2227) – Financial information is available PST – Monday -Thursday (5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) Friday (5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and Saturday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Money Management Counseling - Certified financial counselors help you develop both short and long term financial strategies.
- Credit Report Review - A counselor will review your credit report with you, making sure you know your rights. BALANCE can even provide you a low-cost credit report.
- Debt Management Plan - Consolidate your credit card payments, lower payment amounts, and even reduce or eliminate interest and fees.
Useful Consumer Education Publications from Money Wi$e
- 2013 Your Digital Dollars – Safety and Privacy Online & Mobile
- 2013 Your Digital Dollars – Homebanking & Mobile Banking
- 2013 Teens & Money
- 2013 Senior Scams
- 2013 Saving to Build Wealth – Make your Money Work for You
- 2013 Manage Your Money Wisely – Tracking Your Money
- 2013 Keeping Your Home – Protect Your Investment
- 2013 Improve your Credit – Put Bad Credit Behind You
- 2013 ID Theft and Account Fraud
- 2013 Homeownership
- 2013 Good Credit – Build It and Keep It
Credit Reporting Agencies
The first step to preventing and repairing Identity Theft is reviewing your credit reports. It’s also recommended to know your credit score before making large purchases (home, automobile, boat, or RV). Consumers can obtain one free report annually from each of the Credit Reporting Agencies at Annual Credit Report.com. The free reports do not disclose a score, however the score is available for a fee. Below are the sites of the three standard reporting Agencies
Other Valuable Consumer Education Links
- Federal Trade Commission - This government site is an excellent resource for consumer education and provides numerous consumer protection tools.
- Fraud Education – This site hosted by Liberty provides an on-line consumer fraud tutorial.
- Get Net Wise – This site provides consumer with practical tips to protect you from cyber crimes and tips to protect your children on-line.
- FDIC Consumer Education – This federal government site provides several tutorials on consumer financial education and consumer protection tools.
- On Guard Internet Crimes – This site offers practical tips from the federal government and technology industry to protect consumers from Internet fraud.
- Financial Education – This site is hosted by the US Financial Literacy & Education Commission. It provides consumer financial educational resources.
- NCUA- The National Credit Union Association provides consumer with valuable financial education and fraud protection education.
- Practical Money Skills – PracticalMoneySkills.com is a free Website designed to help educators, parents and students practice better money management for life.
- VISA Consumer Education – This site is hosted by VISA and provides consumers with credit management education.