Exclusively Your Financial Institution – Get our Brochure
At Cal Poly Federal Credit Union, we strive to deliver the best service and products to our most important asset – Our members. When you open your account at the Credit Union you join a very unique group of individuals; you become part owner of the Cal Poly Federal Credit Union. All products and services we offer have one feature in common: they are all designed with you, our member, in mind. In addition to our extensive loan program, we offer savings, checking, VISA and term deposits. We also offer a broad range of services that provide you access to your money 24/7.
- On-Line Banking (It’s Me 24/7)
- Mobile Banking
- Text Banking & Text Messaging
- Bill Pay
- FREE ATM access to over 38,000 ATMs Nationwide through our cooperative ATM provider, CO-OP Network. Find the nearest CO-OP Network ATM or text MYCOOP (692667) from any mobile phone. In the body of the text, enter an address (with city, state), zip code or intersection (with city, state) and within 30 seconds, you will receive a reply with the CO-OP Network surcharge-free ATM nearest to you.
- FREE deposit service through our cooperative ATM provider, CO-OP Network.
Find the nearest CO-OP Network ATM
- MasterCard Debit Card with Round-Up program
- CardNav Debit Card Security
- A2A and P2P Services
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Apple Pay
- VISA Platinum Credit Card
- Virtual Strong Box
- In-Branch Service
We are located in the Bronco Student Center (Bldg 35). The Credit Union is open Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Visit the University’s interactive map to obtain campus and parking directions. Please Note: Park in Lot G (behind the Bronco Bookstore) There is a parking fee of $2 for 1 hour.
The Credit Union Difference
We’re asked at least once a week; “How is a credit Union different from a bank?” It’s a real good question! We both offer similar services, accounts and loans…but there are significant ideology differences:
- Credit Unions are owned by Members vs. Banks are owned by Stockholders
- Credit Union’s Board of Directors are Members vs. Bank Stockholders do not have to be affiliated with the Bank
- Credit Unions are Not for Profit vs. Banks are strictly for Profit
- Credit Union’s primary focus is Membership vs. Bank’s primary focus is profit
- Surcharge-free, in network ATM transactions vs. Fees for ATM transactions at other financial institutions
- Federally regulated by National Credit Union Association vs. Federally Regulated by FDIC.
Cal Poly Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1961 to provide economical financial services to the employees on the Voorhis unit of California State Polytechnic College of San Luis Obispo. The Credit Union has gone through several significant changes since our beginning. Originally our field of membership was defined as the staff, faculty and family members of the Voorhis Unit and operated under the name of Kellogg-Voorhis Federal Credit Union. In 1966, the Pomona unit separated from the San Luis Obispo campus and became the 16th member of the California State University System, and soon after the Credit Union changed its name to Cal Poly Federal Credit Union.
In the 70’s our field of membership expanded to include alumni of the University. In 1996 the Credit Union again opened its field of membership to include students. The next and latest change to our field of membership came in 2005, with the addition of the employees of the American Red Cross employed at Innovation Village on the property of Cal Poly Pomona.
Cal Poly Federal Credit Union empowers our members to achieve their financial goals by offering innovative products and services and providing essential financial education.
We value diversity and promote supportive partnerships with our campus community.
We provide essential financial services to low income members in our campus community.
To be our campus community’s BEST choice for financial services.
Friendly, Personal Environment – We are committed to being the friendliest place on campus.
Excellent Service – We exceed member’s expectations through efficiency, flexibility, and friendliness.
Mutual Trust and Respect – We uphold the highest professional standards.
Embracing the Campus Community – We are dedicated to sharing our expertise in personal finance and credit management to our members and students through our financial literacy efforts.
“To be the Friendliest Place on Campus.”